U.S. launches military strikes on Venezuela, Trump says Maduro captured and flown out of the country

What to know about the U.S. military strikes on Venezuela
President Trump said Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro and his wife were “captured and flown out of the Country” early Saturday morning, confirming a “large scale strike” by the U.S. that drew quick condemnation and concern from across the globe.
The U.S. Army’s Delta Force, an elite special forces unit, carried out the operation to capture Maduro, officials told CBS News.
A Republican senator said Secretary of State Marco Rubio had indicated that Maduro would face criminal charges in the U.S., where he was indicted years ago, and that Rubio “anticipates no further action in Venezuela.” The Trump administration has long accused Maduro of drug trafficking and working with gangs designated as terrorist organizations, which Maduro denies.
The strikes follow months of U.S. military buildup in the region, with the USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier and numerous other warships positioned in the Caribbean.
In recent weeks the U.S. has seized two oil tankers off Venezuela, launched deadly strikes on more than 30 boats the administration says were carrying drugs, and struck what President Trump called “the dock area where they load the boats up with drugs.”

Bondi says Maduro and wife will “soon face the full wrath of American justice” on U.S. soil
U.S. Attorney General Pam Bondi said in a social media post on Saturday that captured Venezuelan leader Nicolás Maduro and his wife would “soon face the full wrath of American justice on American soil in American courts.”

Maduro has been indicted in a U.S. federal court on at least four charges, including narco-terrorism offenses and possessing weapons “against the United States,” Bondi said.

It was not immediately clear whether the nation’s top lawyer was referring only to charges contained in an indictment filed against the Venezuelan leader in 2020, or if there would be new or different charges filed in an indictment Saturday.

Bondi said the Maduros were charged in the Southern District of New York, which is the same jurisdiction that handed down the 2020 indictment against the Venezuelan president. His wife, Cilia Flores, was not previously charged.

Bondi, in her post, added her thanks on behalf of the Department of Justice to President Trump, “for having the courage to demand accountability on behalf of the American People, and a huge thank you to our brave military who conducted the incredible and highly successful mission to capture these two alleged international narco traffickers.”

Related Posts

Monkeys Risk Everything to Rescue a Baby from a Crocodile

A dramatic wildlife moment has captured the internet after footage appeared to show several monkeys trying to rescue a baby monkey from the jaws of a crocodile…

These are the consequences of sleeping with your c… See more

“These are the consequences of sleeping with your c…” is a headline that immediately sparks shock, but the deeper issue behind it is less about sensationalism and…

With Heavy Hearts, The World Says Goodbye To A Beloved Figure… See more

Rob Hirst, the legendary drummer and songwriter of Midnight Oil, left an unforgettable legacy through his powerful music and unwavering commitment to social justice. His energetic performances…

Missing girl found in the woods, her mother was the one who…See more

The minor was last seen when she left her home in the Santa Martha Acatitla neighborhood to go to a nearby store. According to relatives, Perla Alison…

May God comfort the whole family, he was found deαd inside the R…

laugh and his habit of staying late just to lend a helping hand, was discovered lifeless in the river. As sirens cut through the heavy air and…

Just In…Fox News:

In a devastating tragedy, former U.S. President Joe Biden, his wife Dr. Jill Biden, and their grandson died today in a plane crash near the U.S.-Canadian border….