Heartbreak As Voice Kids Star Karen Silva, 17, Passes Away Following Stroke

Karen Silva, a former cast member of The Voice Kids, tragically passed away at the age of 17 from a hemorrhagic stroke brought on by a blood vessel rupture that caused blood to flow into her brain.

The musician spent several days in the hospital before passing away at around five in the morning on Thursday.

After making it to The Voice Kids’ semifinals in 2020, Karen rose to fame. At the time, she was only twelve.

She posted the following statement on her Instagram: “*Note of sorrow*”

Source: Freepik

“It is with deep sadness that we announce the death of the young singer Karen Silva, aged 17, occurred after days of hospitalization at São João Batista Hospital, in Volta Redonda, as a result of a hemorrhagic stroke.”

“Karen enchanted Brazil with her powerful voice and striking presence even in childhood, when she participated in The Voice Kids in 2020.”

“Since then, he has followed a luminous path, uniting talent, charisma and representation at every step.”

“More than an up-and-coming artist, Karen was a symbol of empowerment, especially for Black girls who found in her inspiration and strength to dream.”

“Her music, her message and her joy leave a deep mark on all who met her and followed her journey.”

“In this moment of great pain, we send our solidarity to their parents, Manoella and Fernando, with friends, family and fans.” 

“May the memory of your light continue to guide us.”

Karen was ‘suffering a health condition’, according to a message posted on her Instagram on Monday.

The post read, “Singer Karen Silva is facing a health problem and, at the moment, she is still under medical care, with the support and affection of her family and team.” 

“We ask for respect, empathy and prayers as she recovers peacefully. Any updates will be made by our official channels We thank everyone for the love.”

At the age of eight, Karen started taking singing lessons in order to perform “Oh Happy Day” by Edward Hawkins.

Her first vocal coach, Lana Netto, said, “After just a few lessons, she sang the song and enchanted everyone with her striking voice.”

“From that day on, Karen never stopped singing and captivating people.”

Manoella and Fernando, Karen’s parents, as well as Marcelo, her boyfriend, survive her.

According to local media, Fernando Sérgio da Silva’s daughter had displayed “no signs of illness.”

He said, “She left home to have lunch on Friday, and three hours later she was in a coma. For this year, 2025, we had big plans. For her, her clothing brand, new songs for her album.”

“To know my daughter passed like this, it hurts so much. It still hasn’t sunk in.”

Karen’s cousin Thais Silva recalled, “She was such an incredible girl, really perfect, you know? Funny, charismatic, spontaneous. Wherever she went, she won everyone over.”

Related Posts

My Parents Ignored Me My Whole Life, Then

Alyson, a 20-year-old freelance graphic designer, had spent her childhood feeling ignored and unwanted by her family. After going no-contact at 19, she built a peaceful life…

“This 80-Year-Old Decides to Try Something New…” LOL

This old man in his eighties got up and was putting on his coat. His wife said, “Where are you going?” He said, “I’m going to the…

Schiff Demands Bold, Unified Action

Senator Adam Schiff’s impassioned critique of the Democratic Party’s disjointed response to President Trump’s rhetoric is a rallying cry for a fundamental transformation in how the party…

Tim Walz Hammered By New Subpoena As Major Federal Investigation Into Hundreds Of Millions Of Dollars’ Worth Of Fraud In Minnesota Begins

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has been issued a subpoena by the U.S. House Committee on Education and the Workforce, led by Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC), in connection…

Poor black girl marries 72 Years old Man, 10 days later She discovers… See more

These critics argue that such a significant age gap raises ethical concerns, suggesting that the man should be held accountable for his actions. They call for society…

SCOTUS Approves Trump’s “Massive” Federal Layoff Plans

The U.S. Supreme Court delivered another win for President Donald Trump on Tuesday. The justices allowed his executive order to proceed with sweeping cuts across federal agencies….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *